Dear all,

                I have been playing around ACS backup capabilities (4.15 with
XCP-NG) and noticed the following:

  1.  Full  VM snapshot is short term solution for immediate revert after bad
patch change
  2.  Volume snapshot is long term backup solution of VM data but metadata is
not stored

Did  some tests with Volume snaps as follow:

  *   Made some root partition schedule snaps
  *   Converted one snap to volume
  *   I could not find a way to create a new instance with that volume. Is
there a direct way (GUI and API)?  It is possible to create a template but that
seems like a bit too much unnecessary steps to revert a VM.

Is it possible to revert existing VM volume from snapshot directly (from a user
perspective through the GUI.

I read the documentation –
(http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/storage.html?highlight=Snapshot#snapshot-restore)
 which also say that direct volume revert is not possible ☹.

Best regards,
Jordan