Hi,

Our self-service portal developers found that they cannot "port" code from the
current landscape running on XenServer with the new VMWare landscape recently
built.  There are some APIs that look to have changed and/or are specific to
VMware hypervisors.

The two APIs in question are the "networkids" and "nicnetworklist" commands.
The command API "networkids" works from the self-service portal when deploying
to XenServer; however that same line of code does NOT configure the correct
network settings (assigns to wrong guest network) when deploying to a VMware
hypervisor.

Digging into the logs we found that when deploying a VM from the ACS UI to
VMware, the command "nicnetworklist" is now used when deploying to VMware
hypervisor.

1 - Is there API command that is "hypervisor-agnostic" or can be used against
both XenServer and VMware?
2 - The VMware API references a NIC ID of "8" ("nicnetworklist[0].nic":"8",).
Is this arbitrary or will each ACS management server (or region, or zone) use a
different ID?

  *   This could be a problem if our self-service services multiple
regions/zones.
3 - Is there a global setting or other hidden setting that can be set so that
ONE API Command works against both XenServer and VMware?

Many thanks!

Mike

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.co...@sap.com

[cid:image003.png@01D7B399.B29A8C00]