I have similar consideration when start exploring  Cloudstack , but in
reality  Clustered Filesystem is not easy to maintain.  You seems have
choice of OCFS or GFS2 ,  gfs2 is hard to maintain and in redhat ,  ocfs
recently only maintained in oracle linux.  I believe you do not want to
choose solution that is very propriety .   Thus just SAN or ISCSI o is not
really a direct solution here , except you want to encapsulate it in NFS
and facing Cloudstack Storage.

It work good on CEPH and NFS , but performance wise,  NFS is better . And
all documentation and features you saw  in Cloudstack , it work perfectly
on NFS.

If you choose CEPH,  may be you have to compensate with some performance
degradation,

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021 at 12:44 AM Leandro Mendes <theflock...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been using Ceph in prod for volumes for some time. Note that although
> I had several cloudstack installations,  this one runs on top of Cinder,
> but it basic translates as libvirt and rados.
>
> It is totally stable and performance IMHO is enough for virtualized
> services.
>
> IO might suffer some penalization due the data replication inside Ceph.
> Elasticsearch for instance, the degradation would be a bit worse as there
> is replication also in the application size, but IMHO, unless you need
> extreme low latency it would be ok.
>

> Best,
>
> Leandro.
>
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2021, 11:20 AM Brussk, Michael <michael.bru...@nttdata.com
> >
> wrote:
>
> > Hello community,
> >
> > today I need your experience and knowhow about clustered/shared
> > filesystems based on SAN storage to be used with KVM.
> > We need to consider about a clustered/shared filesystem based on SAN
> > storage (no NFS or iSCSI), but do not have any knowhow or experience with
> > this.
> > Those I would like to ask if there any productive used environments out
> > there based on SAN storage on KVM?
> > If so, which clustered/shared filesystem you are using and how is your
> > experience with that (stability, reliability, maintainability,
> performance,
> > useability,...)?
> > Furthermore, if you had already to consider in the past between SAN
> > storage or CEPH, I would also like to participate on your considerations
> > and results :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Michael

Hean Seng