Yes, Rohit, correct.
Technical work is out of my scope and you know the best. I am talking mainly
for the official announcement and communication.

Kind regards,

On 29 Oct 2021, at 15:51, Rohit Yadav
<rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com<mailto:rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>> wrote:

+1 Ivet, great initiative!

I think logistically it would take about a week for the RM/community to do wrap
up the release with build/publish pkgs, update the website, create/publish
release notes, draft announcement/blog. I suppose what you're saying is to not
hold any technical work (like we still build/publish pkgs etc) but hold on
marketing work around making changes on website/release notes live and doing
blogs/announcements. We haven't attempted a broader campaign before on a
specific date before but let's try it.

Regards.

________________________________
From: Ivet Petrova
<ivet.petr...@shapeblue.com<mailto:ivet.petr...@shapeblue.com>>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2021 16:21
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>
<users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Cc: d...@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:d...@cloudstack.apache.org>
<d...@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:d...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.16.0.0

Hi all,

Firstly congrats on the hard work and I am happy to see the new release is
coming soon.

I decided to share an idea here. It is great we have such a rapid development
and new releases often with so much great features insight. I believe the world
(inside and outside of our community) should learn more about them, when there
is a release.

On this point, I was wondering if we can structure a process around announcing
new releases. It will be great if when we announce the release we also have the
following things prepared:
- Images for the social media announcements
- PR article for the release
- A more detailed article presenting why the new features and improvements are
bringing value and talking more for use cases, customer benefits and added value

I would be happy to take these at my side, but all they need some time for
preparation.
If you agree for the proposed process and bringing more noise around the
release, is it possible to fix a release date, when we can also launch
simultaneously the marketing initiatives?
As all the marketing preparations will take around a week, what about doing a
broader campaign on 8th of November?

Kind regards,

On 29 Oct 2021, at 3:59, Nicolas Vazquez
<nicolas.vazq...@shapeblue.com<mailto:nicolas.vazq...@shapeblue.com><mailto:nicolas.vazq...@shapeblue.com>>
 wrote:

Hi all,

The vote for CloudStack 4.16.0.0 *passes* with
3 PMC + 2 non-PMC votes.

+1 (PMC / binding)
3 persons (Rohit, Gabriel, Wei)

+1 (non binding)
2 persons (Daniel, Suresh)

0
none

-1
none

Thanks to everyone participating.

I will now prepare the release announcement to go out after 24-48 hours to give
the mirrors time to catch up.

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez