Hi All,

In 4.16 we introduced an enhancement that provided support for auto upgrades,
where in one wouldn't have to register the systemVM template prior upgrading
their environments. This however led to an increased size of the
cloudstack-management package as the systemVM templates for all the hypervisors
were bundled in it. We plan on further optimizing systemVMs and the related
processes, among which include:

  *   introducing a live-patch API
  *   deprecating systemvm.iso
  *   devising means to reduce cloudstack-management package size, by not
bundling systemvm templates for all the hypervisors
  *   improving the systemvm template build process

Rohit Yadav has put together a design document for the same:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SystemVM+Optimisations

Kindly review the document and provide your feedback.

Thanks,
Pearl Dsilva