Hi

I am hoping someone could help with a new Dev Cloudstack system we are trying
to setup based on Ubuntu 20.04 KVM hosts and mgmt. servers with CS 4.15.2 and
an Adv Zone with VPC's

We spotted that the RVR's in the VPC's are both in the 'MASTER' state
indicating that they cannot communicate with each other. Also testing within a
guest VM - it is able to ping another guest VM in the same network - but only
when on the same KVM host.
If we live migrate one of the VM's to a different KVM host then the ping breaks.
Our guest network is using VXLAN isolation method and all network labesl in CS
are correct. We  are trying to setup this Dev system to match our production
system as closely as possible and all networking works perfectly in the
Production system

One thing we have noticed is if we put a KVM host into maintenance mode - thus
destroying all the brvx-xxx interfaces on there and then bring it back out of
maintenance mode and migrate VM's to it and Restart the VPC with cleanup
enabled - communication between VM's cross host works again for a few minutes.
The RVR's go into Master and Backup status briefly - but then after a few
minutes both VR's go into 'MASTER' state and VM's cannot ping each other when
on different hosts.
Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated

BR

Gary

Gary Dixon
Senior Technical Consultant
T:  +44 161 537 4990
E:  v...@quadris-support.com
W: www.quadris.co.uk
The information contained in this e-mail from Quadris may be confidential and
privileged for the private use of the named recipient.  The contents of this
e-mail may not necessarily represent the official views of Quadris.  If you
have received this information in error you must not copy, distribute or take
any action or reliance on its contents.  Please destroy any hard copies and