From: Simon Weller <siwelle...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2023 11:07:15 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Cluster HA - KVM Hosts

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe. Please report all suspicious emails to s...@pasha-technology.com.

Hey Jafar,

For HA to work on KVM, you need to configure each host with out-of-band
management using ipmitool or Redfish. This is so Cloudstack can fence your
nodes.

This covers the concept -
https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/reliability.html?highlight=fencing#ha-enabled-hosts
Out-of-band documentation is here -
https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/hosts.html#out-of-band-management
For details on how the feature works, check out the original design
document - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Host+HA

-Si