On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 11:19 AM Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Thanks for volunteering Abhishek. As you've worked already as a RM for
> CloudStack LTS maintenance releases that you've shared and I think you have
> all the necessary experience to work as the 4.19 RM.
>
> Daan, I don't see any mention of log4j on this thread or feel that
> Abhishek has disregarded the log4j issue. As an individual contributor,
> he's well within his rights to volunteer as a release manager and share his
> opinion and thoughts in the community in this or any other threads.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, there is no mention of log4j on this thread, but
there is mention of RM work on the log4j thread [2].

[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/t62rp2pzsrl21vjlqbdgg49kmdxgjxgd

I am not saying that either Daniel or Abhishek should be the RM, but the
work that we are going to have should be agreed upon. Having two RM
candidates is a luxury we should not squander. If they can join efforts and
get to a mutual supported plan that would be ideal.

We shouldn't force or expect anybody to conclude a discussion in a way we
> would want. We must all conduct and treat one another professionally and
> politely on the mailing lists [1].

In short, I stand by my previous mail on this thread. This is provided
there is no misunderstanding on what was meant.

--
Daan