Hello Bryan,

I think on recent releases you need to adjust session.timeout in /etc/cloudstack/management/server.properties and then restart the service.

HTH

On 2024-01-05 17:00, Brian Fossmeyer wrote:
Hello,

I know there is a GitHub idea to add a session timeout to the GUI, but I would like to go ahead and change it before that idea becomes a reality. I found an old article

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Increase+the+Timeout+of+the+CloudStack+Management+GUI

And the path that is mentioned in there is different for 4.18.1. The path that I found for the web.xml is:

/usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapp/WEB-INF

Is this the correct place to put the timeout settings of

<session-config>
         <session-timeout>60</session-timeout>
</session-config>

And is this the proper method to make this change to extend the default timer?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Fossmeyer
Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer, Technology

[Answers in Genesis]<https://answersingenesis.org/> [Creation Museum] <https://creationmuseum.org/> [Ark Encounter] <https://arkencounter.com/>