@David Amorin,

On Fri, Feb 9, 2024 at 12:47 AM David Amorín <david.amo...@jotelulu.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are evaluating a change in our core network architecture, currently based
> on VLANs with advanced network in ACS.
>
> The change we want to implement is VXLAN+BGP, using hypervisors with KVM as
> VTEP (Thank you @Wido Den Hollander<mailto:w.denhollander@your.online> for
> sharing your knowledge to the community, about this topic)
>
> Do you know what is the max number of VNIs, MACs that one hypevisor/VTE
> should manage in a ACS zone?

Did you find out, David?

> I understand that if we have 400 hypervisors in just one zone, with a total
> of 40.000 advanced networks and 120.000 MACs, each hypervisor as VTEP should
> know/manage the 120k MACS. Is that correct? If so, do you identify any
> performance issue for this hypervisor to manage these numbers?

You should be able to derive your number from that. Keep in mind that
the choice to work with shared networks or not also has an influence
on this.
Also in your calculation above, maybe you should divide by 400? but if
you want to be safe you could go for the 120k

Very interesting work you do, keep us informed of your findings please.

--
Daan