From: Bharat Bhushan Saini <bharat.sa...@kloudspot.com.INVALID>
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2024 3:15:18 pm
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: CKS with K8s Offering N/w

Hi Wei,

In shared n/w the traefik ingress is needed or only nodeport is enough for that!

Thanks and Regards,
Bharat Saini

[signature_1176335358]

From: Wei ZHOU <ustcweiz...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, 1 March 2024 at 1:59 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
EXTERNAL EMAIL: Please verify the sender email address before taking any
action, replying, clicking any link or opening any attachment.

Hi Bharat,

If you deploy a CKS cluster on an isolated network, please ensure the
public Ips (which include the endpoint IP of the CKS cluster, and Load
balancer IPs) are reachable from the management server.
The management server configures the k8s nodes (controller/worker) via the
port 2222-222x of endpoint IP.

If you deploy a CKS cluster on a shared network, Load balancer is not
supported.
If you create a K8s service with nodeport, you can access it by <k8s node
IP>:<node port>.
If clusterIP is used, to access the service, you need to run "kubectl
port-forward" on the controller node.

-Wei

On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 7:08 AM Bharat Bhushan Saini
<bharat.sa...@kloudspot.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Wei,
>

> I deployed cloudstack 4.18.1 on ubuntu 22.04 LTS on a standalone server
> with kvm,nfs consist.
>

> I already tested some vm’s on the cloudstack on a shared network with
> untagged vlan because what IP range I have that was bridged with the
> private n/w and natting is enabled on that. On shared n/w I am able to
> access internet but in isolated or L2 config it can’t.
>

> As per your suggestion, I tried with create default k8s n/w and also
> create a network which have the same config of default k8s n/w but I untag
> the vlan in that n/w. Both was not working.
>
> On shared n/w I a able to spawn the cluster and also able to login with
> key and also deploy an application but the containers was running on the
> Cluster IP.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Bharat Saini
>

> [image: signature_2926674288]

--------------------------- Disclaimer: ------------------------------
This message and its contents are intended solely for the designated addressee
and are proprietary to Kloudspot. The information in this email is meant
exclusively for Kloudspot business use. Any use by individuals other than the
addressee constitutes misuse and an infringement of Kloudspot's proprietary
rights. If you are not the intended recipient, please return this email to the
sender. Kloudspot cannot guarantee the security or error-free transmission of
e-mail communications. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, Kloudspot
shall not be liable for any issues arising from the transmission of this email.

Disclaimer *** This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.
Further, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or
its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful and strictly
prohibited. This e-mail may contain viruses. NxtGen Datacenter & Cloud
Technologies Private Ltd (“NxtGen”) has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result
of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before
opening the e-mail or attachment. NxtGen reserves the right to monitor and
review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address.
Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the NxtGen e-mail
system. *** End of Disclaimer ***NXTGEN***