GitHub user sbrueseke added a comment to the discussion: KVMHAMonitor getting
initialized without host ha enabled

> @sbrueseke are you addressing (designing/implementing a solution to) this bug?

I'm not deep enough into the topic to suggest a solution. We noticed the bug
because we were carrying out some tests with Linstor in our lab and suddenly
all the KVM hosts restarted. By evaluating the logs, we saw that it was due to
the KVMHAMonitor. However, we did not have HA enabled, not on the cluster and
not on the hosts.
The question is why the KVMHAMonitor is running on the hosts even if HA is not
configured. Maybe there is a reason, but I don't know it. But what, in my
opinion, needs to be prevented is that KVMHAMonitor restarts hosts despite HA
being deactivated.
One solutions for this would be to set
reboot.host.and.alert.management.on.heartbeat.timeout=false in the
agent.properties by the management server if HA is not configured or
deactivated.
But as I sad before, I'm not deep into that topic and I do not know if this is
a valid solution or if there is a much better one.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/8953#discussioncomment-9174418

----
This is an automatically sent email for users@cloudstack.apache.org.