Hi there,

I am trying to understand why a VM instance created by Cloudstack does not
get an IP address in "Basic network" configuration. Interestingly, unter
the "instances" page UI shows an IP assigned to my VM instance.
Furthermore, the router VM adds an entry for my VM/IP in its "/etc/hosts"
entry.

However, when I try to ping/access the VM it does not have any IP
associated with it.  It almost looks like it never picked up an IP from the
DHCP server running on the router.

After investigating a bit I found that new VM instances use default.sh
<https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/main/systemvm/debian/opt/cloud/bin/setup/default.sh>
as part of initialization which does not define any interfaces which in
turn causes this issue.  I can get around it by manually adding an entry in
the "/etc/networking/interface" file which works well, however the
interface is reset once the machine is rebooted (as part of cloud init).

What could be going on here? I am using the same qcow2 image for SystemVM
and User template.

Thanks.