GitHub user Jayd603 added a comment to the discussion: Initial zone set-up does
not verify usable secondary storage - leads to issues

> @Jayd603 , is your system vm template seeded on your secondary storage? The
> path `/template/tmpl/1/3` on your secondary storage should contain a valid
> systemvm template, something that should have happened automagically when the
> installation process would have gone flawless.

Yeah, the NFS client says "protocol not supported" when it can't find a
directory, just a tiny bit misleading response there. :smile:    ... so, what
actually happened was on initial zone set-up, the set up utility let me
configure a non-usable NFS secondary storage server and carried on with no
errors, this required editing the db and doing some digging to fix.  It's a
sort of bug, since it should not allow a non-working secondary storage server
to be added.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/9036#discussioncomment-9302525

----