From: "Vivek Kumar" <vivek.ku...@indiqus.com.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, 21 May, 2024 08:47:22
Subject: Re: KVM FC shared storage

We once tried to setup PCS cluster with GFS2 In production, and it required a
lot of expertise to manage PCS cluster and our experience was very bad with
that too, after a year we had to move to NFS due to so many issue.  FC works
better XenServer, We had almost for 5-6 year with Xenserver And FC and that too
without any single downtime.

Vivek Kumar
Sr. Manager - Cloud & DevOps
TechOps | Indiqus Technologies

vivek.ku...@indiqus.com <mailto:vivek.ku...@indiqus.com>
        www.indiqus.com <https://www.indiqus.com/>

> On 20 May 2024, at 9:34 PM, Andreas S. Kerber <a...@ag-trek.de.INVALID> wrote:
>
> We're running FC with OCFS2 (OS: Oracle Linux 9) on a demo 2 node cluster.
> Works kind of nice, but of course is not the same as ESXi. For now it works
> well enough but expanding that to a actual >10 node setup with hundreds of
> VMs doesn't feel right.
>

> Am Mon, May 20, 2024 at 03:48:12PM +0300 schrieb Kristian Liivak:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Currently, we can see from the documentation that KVM supports Fiber Channel
>> via shared mountpoints.
>> Can someone recommend or share their experience with usable solutions for
>> shared mountpoint technical solutions? It seems there are quite a few
>> options, such as shared/clustered file systems: GFS2, OCFS2, cLVM.
>> From the information I have found, OCFS2 seems to be the best option.
>>
>> P.S. I don't want to use any distributed storage like Ceph, etc.
>> We are partially moving away from VMware, and we believe in FC NVMe
>> old-school storages, which are the most reliable, in my opinion.
>>

>> Lugupidamisega / Best regards,
>>
>> Kristian Liivak
>> Tegevjuht / CEO
>> [ mailto:k...@wavecom.ee | k...@wavecom.ee ] | +372 5685 0001
>>
>> WaveCom AS | ISO 9001, 27001 & 27017 Certified DC and Cloud services
>>

>> Endla 16, Tallinn 10142 | [ http://www.wavecom.ee/ | www.wavecom.ee ] | [
>> http://www.facebook.com/wavecom.ee | www.facebook.com/wavecom.ee ]

information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the
original message and any copy of it from your computer system. You are
communication is strictly prohibited unless proper authorization has been
obtained for such action. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately. Although IndiQus attempts to sweep
e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that both are
virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of
viruses.