Hi Community,

I am testing High Availability (HA) for Cloudstack VMs using KVM and NFS.
To simulate a host failure, I am triggering a kernel panic. When the
command is executed, the host status remains "up" for 3-4 minutes before
transitioning to an "Alert '' state and not marked as "Down ". As a result,
the VMs are not being migrated and still appear to be running on the downed
host server.

My questions are:

   1. Can we reduce the detection time for a downed host to about 30
   seconds?
   2. What could be the reason for hosts entering an "Alert" state after a
   kernel panic, which is preventing VM HA from functioning properly?

Alex.