Hello everyone,

I want to assign a public IP directly from the "Public Network" to a VM
(similar to how CloudStack assigns to systemVM or vRouter). It seems like a
shared network is what I'm looking for. I tried creating a Shared Network
from the Public Network, but the Shared Network requires a GUEST type
network. So, I added a Network type to my Public Network (with a tag) and
then created a new Shared Network Offering. This offering requires "Specify
VLAN" to be false (and also needs to have a tag). However, after I
click create Network, I received an error message: "(431) Cannot allocate a
vnet for this Shared network."
Did I miss something, or am I going in the wrong direction? Do I need an L2
Network?

Thank you, best regards
Note: Cloudstack version 4.19