GitHub user weizhouapache added a comment to the discussion: Cloudstack API end
point getting failed while deploying nginx as loadbalancer on kubernetes

> @weizhouapache
> Thanks for the update, We can either add a public ip interface to the
> management server and configure that IP on the endpoint url or do a NAT route
> on 192.168.10.120 IP and configure public ip on the endpoint url. Our concern
> is that we need our management ui to be accessed only internally. So
> configuring public IP on management network we will have to take care of
> additional security... What is your advice for best practice...

However, user vms should be unable to access the management network, otherwise
it is a more severe security issue.

You can add some firewall rules for the public ip of the management IP.

GitHub link:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/discussions/9267#discussioncomment-9803710

----
This is an automatically sent email for users@cloudstack.apache.org.