Hi,

Seems like a nice idea, but one can still access the API with the user and password right? So what exactly are we achieving?

On 2024-09-24 09:03, Abhisar Sinha wrote:
Hi All,

I am working on this feature where Root Admin will get the option to disable Api key/ Secret key based access for a User, Account, or a Domain. Api keys are primarily used for automation. It is the primary authorization mechanism used by automation when password-based access is not used. This feature will be useful for Root Admins who may want to block certain users/accounts from using them. Or the Admin may want to disable Api key access for the whole domain and allow only for certain users.

I've created a spec here : https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=323488155
Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Abhisar