On 2016-09-13 00:20, Klaus Wenninger wrote:
Location-constraints for fencing-resources are definitely supported and
don't just work by accident - if this was the question.

On 2016-09-12 10:48, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
Posting this as a separate thread from my fence_apc one. As I said in
that thread, I created two fence_apc agents, one to fence node A and
one to fence node B.  Each was configured using a static pcmk node
mapping, and constrained to only run on the other node.  In the
process of testing this, I discovered a bug (feature?) in the LCMC GUI
I am using to manage the cluster.  To wit: when I click on a fence
object, it never seems to fetch the resource constraints (e.g. they
show in the GUI as "nothing selected"), so if I changes something (say
the power_wait timeout) and then click "Apply", the location
constraints are deleted from that fencing resource.  I also noticed
that if I connect to port 2224 (pcsd), regular resources show me the
location constraints, whereas fence resources don't, which is making
me wonder if this is not supported?  I'm thinking I can set up a
pcmk_host_map to tell it which APC outlet manages node A and which
manages node B, in which case I can just use one fence_apc resource
with a dynamic pcmk host list?  Thanks!

Okay, this *seems* to work.  e.g. pcmk_host_list has the two hosts.
pmck_host_map says nas1:8;nas2:2.  The fencing agent was running on
nas2.  I logged in to nas2 and did 'systemctl stop network'.
pacemaker moved the fencing resource to nas1, then power-cycled nas2.
Looking good...

Basically, yes. I was puzzled, since the web GUI pcsd serves up gives no apparent way to edit location constraints for stonith resources, and LCMC apparently doesn't read them from the config, so if you edit a stonith resource and change anything, then click on "Apply", it nukes any change you *had* made. For the latter, I will open a ticket with the lcmc developer(s). Thanks!