Hi,

On 02/16/2017 08:16 PM, Ulrich Windl wrote:

[snip]
Any other advice? Is ocf:heartbeat:LVM or ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup the
more popular RA for managing LVM VG's? Any comments from other users
on experiences using either (good, bad)?
I had a little bit experience on "ocf:heartbeat:LVM". Each volume group
needs an
independent resource agent of it. Something like:
You mean "an independent resource instance (primitive)"?
Yes, I meant it for "ocf:heartbeat:LVM". And, I cannot find
"OCF:lvm2:VolumeGroup" on
SLES.
One RA should be good for all VGs ;-)
Oh, really? if so, why "params volgrpname" is required?
You are still mixing class (RA) and object (primitive)! IMHO RA is the script
(class) like ocf:heartbeat:LVM, while the primitive (object) is a configuration
based on the RA. So you'd have multiple objects (primitives) of one class (RA).

Aha, my bad. It's like the concepts of "class and object" in object-oriented language.
Thanks for pointing it out:)

Eric

Regards,
Ulrich

"""
crm(live)configure# ra info ocf:heartbeat:LVM
Parameters (*: required, []: default):

volgrpname* (string): Volume group name
      The name of volume group.
"""

And I failed to show "OCF:lvm2:VolumeGroup":
"""
crm(live)configure# ra info ocf:lvm2:
ocf:lvm2:clvmd     ocf:lvm2:cmirrord
"""

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your input:)
Eric
"""
primitive vg1 LVM \
           params volgrpname=vg1 exclusive=true \
           op start timeout=100 interval=0 \
           op stop timeout=40 interval=0 \
           op monitor interval=60 timeout=240
"""

And, "dlm" and "clvm" resource agents are grouped and then cloned like:
"""
group base-group dlm clvm
clone base-clone base-group \
           meta target-role=Started interleave=true
"""

Then, put an "order" constraint like:
"""
order base_first_vg1 inf: base-clone vg1
"""

Does "ocf:lvm2:VolumeGroup" can follow the same pattern?

Thanks,
Eric
Both appear to achieve the
same function, just a bit differently.