So your suggestion is to use sbd with or without qdevice? What is the point of
having a qdevice in two node cluster if it doesn't help in this situation?

From: Klaus Wenninger
Sent: Monday, July 24, 18:28
Subject: Re: [ClusterLabs] Two nodes cluster issue
To: Cluster Labs - All topics related to open-source clustering welcomed, Tomer
Azran

On 07/24/2017 05:15 PM, Tomer Azran wrote:
I still don't understand why the qdevice concept doesn't help on this
situation. Since the master node is down, I would expect the quorum to declare
it as dead.
Why doesn't it happens?

That is not how quorum works. It just limits the decision-making to the quorate
subset of the cluster.
Still the unknown nodes are not sure to be down.
That is why I suggested to have quorum-based watchdog-fencing with sbd.
That would assure that within a certain time all nodes of the non-quorate part
of the cluster are down.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:15 PM +0300, "Dmitri Maziuk"

On 2017-07-24 07:51, Tomer Azran wrote: > We don't have the ability to use it.
> Is that the only solution? No, but I'd recommend thinking about it first. Are
you sure you will care about your cluster working when your server room is on
fire? 'Cause unless you have halon suppression, your server room is a complete
write-off anyway. (Think water from sprinklers hitting rich chunky volts in the
servers.) Dima _______________________________________________ Users mailing
list: Users@clusterlabs.org<mailto:Users@clusterlabs.org>
 Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf Bugs:
http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

Users@clusterlabs.org<mailto:Users@clusterlabs.org>
 Project Home: http://www.clusterlabs.org Getting started:
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/Cluster_from_Scratch.pdf Bugs:
http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

-- Klaus Wenninger Senior Software Engineer, EMEA ENG Openstack Infrastructure
Red Hat
kwenning<mailto:kwenn...@redhat.com>@redhat.com<mailto:kwenn...@redhat.com>