> Well, that does not sound very polite to user :)

The thing that really threw me off was pacemaker rebooting the node as soon as
I'd try to start the cluster on it without the database running.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  Some way to indicate to
Pacemaker, "Hey, I'm not willing/able to start the resource here because it
appears to be in a corrupt state", while not causing the node to be fenced
because it thinks that the resource is running when it isn't?

It would be perfectly safe to not fence the node, in this case...

--
Casey