Actually, is it even necessary at all?  Based on my other E-mail to the list
(Fence agent ends up stopped with no clear reason why), it seems that sometimes
the monitor fails with an "unknown error", resulting in a cluster that won't
fail over due to inability to fence.  I tried looking at the fence agent to
determine which API calls might be being executed but I can't figure that out
myself...in any case I don't see how this is offering any real value...happy to
learn how I might be wrong, though...