On 11.09.2018 16:31, Patrick Whitney wrote:
But, when I invoke the "human" stonith power device (i.e. I turn the node off), the other node collapses...

In the logs I supplied, I basically do this:

1. stonith fence (With fence scsi)

At this point DLM on a healthy node is notified that node was fenced and expects no connections from DLM on a fenced node. What happens if it sees such connection is hidden deep in code.

2. verify UI shows fenced node as stopped

Then I wouldn't trust such UI.

3. power off fenced node

It's only when I shut down the fenced node that the running node falls over.

How would using a power fencing agent differ from me manually removing power?

There is a delay between fence success notification to DLM and actual power off. With power fencing notification goes after power is cut.

Thanks (I very much appreciate the discussion!)

Best,
-Pat

Would it be useful to show logs of what that looks like?

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 9:22 AM Valentin Vidic <valentin.vi...@carnet.hr <mailto:valentin.vi...@carnet.hr>> wrote:

    On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 09:13:08AM -0400, Patrick Whitney wrote:
     > So when the cluster suggests that DLM is shutdown on coro-test-1:
     > Clone Set: dlm-clone [dlm]
     >      Started: [ coro-test-2 ]
     >      Stopped: [ coro-test-1 ]
     >
     > ... DLM isn't actually stopped on 1?

    If you can connect to the node and see dlm services running than
    it is not stopped:

    20101 dlm_controld
    20245 dlm_scand
    20246 dlm_recv
    20247 dlm_send
    20248 dlm_recoverd

    But if you kill the power on the node than it will be gone for sure :)

-- Valentin

    Bugs: http://bugs.clusterlabs.org

--
Patrick Whitney