>What does 'virsh list'
>give you onthe 2 hosts? Hopefully different names for
>the VMs ...

Yes, each host shows its own

# virsh list
 Id    Name                           Status
 2     kvm101                         running

# virsh list
 Id    Name                           State
 1     kvm102                         running

>Did you try 'fence_xvm -a {mcast-ip} -o list' on the
>guests as well?

fence_xvm sadly does not work on the Ubuntu guests. The howto said to install "yum install fence-virt fence-virtd" which do not exist as such in Ubuntu 18.04. After we tried to find the appropiate packages we installed "libvirt-clients" and "multipath-tools". Is there maybe something misisng or completely wrong? Though we can connect to both hosts using "nc -z -v -u 192.168.1.21 1229", that just works fine.

>Usually, the biggest problem is the multicast traffic - as in many >environments it can be dropped by firewalls.

To make sure I have requested our Datacenter techs to verify that multicast Traffic can move unhindered in our local Network. But in the past on multiple occasions they have confirmed, that local traffic is not filtered in any way. But Since now I have never specifically asked for multicast traffic, which I now did. I am waiting for an answer to that question.

kind regards
Stefan Schmitz