Hi,

You can use 'pcs cluster cib' for pacemaker configuration and 'pcs cluster status xml' for pacemaker status. Both commands basically just pass xml obtained from pacemaker, though. As far as I know, corosync also provides parsable output, take a look at corosync-cmapctl. I'm not sure about other cluster components.

Be aware that 'pcs status xml' may change in a near future. The reason for that is that the xml produced by pacemaker is also changing as a part of an effort to provide standardized xml output from most of (or all) pacemaker tools.

As far as pcs text output changes: Yes, they are happening. Sometimes it's a result of a change in another cluster component (e.g. 'pcs status' prints text output from crm_mon). In other cases, it's due to adding features, fixing bugs, standardizing output format, etc. It's not always possible to avoid the changes.

As we are aware of the difficulties of using pcs in scripts, we indeed have a long term goal to provide machine readable output from pcs. Since pcs started with a focus on producing human readable output, it's a lot of work to do. Quite a big part of pcs code base cannot be easily switched to producing machine parsable output. We are slowly moving towards it (which in some cases may cause text output changes due to code reuse), but it is currently not seen as something to be finished in a year.

Regards,
Tomas