Hello all,

I have a question about the "priority-fencing-delay" parameter.

This parameter, although very helpful, it doesn't handle the scenario where nodes have equal priority. Thus, it is recommended that fence property pcmk_delay_base is still used to avoid nodes fencing each other if they have equal priority.

I wonder if there is a setting where we can set a node to be favoured in case both nodes have equal priority (So the cluster acts as if one of the nodes has higher priority). I understand that we can already do this by configuring a delay to one of the nodes, and the node with no delay will fence the other node right away... However, this still introduces a delay during fencing and creates a more complicated design and having some setting to avoid the delay parameters altogether would be great.

Is there some type of variable that can achieve what I described above?
Please let me know if there is or if you know of any plans to create something similar in future versions.

Thank you,
Alex

Alex Zarifoglu
Software Developer | Db2 pureScale & HA