Hello,

> While the Pacemaker versions support rolling upgrades, those Corosync
> versions do not, so you'll have to do the detach-and-reattach method.

> The main reason to do a new cluster instead is if you want to do some
> testing before making it live.
> --
> Ken Gaillot <kgail...@redhat.com>

thanks for your answer.  So upgrading detached nodes will result in downtime of haproxy and may disclose some  other surprises...
I think building a new cluster is the best way to avoid downtimes. In my case i could switch by DNS to new clusterservers and achive a mostly seemless transition of use.

Thank you,
Hajo