From: Users <users-boun...@clusterlabs.org> On Behalf Of Or Raz
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2023 11:00 AM
To: users@clusterlabs.org
Subject: [EXT] [ClusterLabs] Fence Agents Format

Hi all,
My team has been working on a new operator which uses some of your Fence Agents
(FA, i.e. fence_aws, fence_ipmilan, and etc.) to remediate an unhealthy
Kubernetes node (see fence-agents-remediation
<https://github.com/medik8s/fence-agents-remediation> ).
After looking on the recommended attributes for new FAs
<https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/blob/main/doc/FenceAgentAPI.md#attribute-specifications>
 , and the valid action attribute values
<https://github.com/ClusterLabs/fence-agents/blob/main/doc/FenceAgentAPI.md#agent-operations-and-return-values>
 ,
I have some questions on the structure/format of the FAs command attributes and
their responses:

1.      Will running a fence-agent without mentioning the action field will
always choose the reboot option (e.g. the following call will reboot the node
"fence_aws --access-key ACCESS_KEY --secret-key SECRET_KEY --plug i-INSTANCE_ID
--region AWS_REGION")?
2.      Are there any must-have fields which are shared between all the FAs
that you support? I assume the answer is no, since I didn't see any must fields
which are mutual between fence_aws, and fence_ipmilan for instance. A must
field is a field which is required for running the FA (e.g. access-key for
fence_aws).
3.      Do the result responses to the FA are identical per action? E.g. For
the reboot action, I have seen that on success I always receive `Success:
Rebooted` for fence_aws, and fence_ipmilan. I am an uncertain whether that is
correct for all the FAs.

Best regards,

OR