From: Vitor Rui Moreira [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 1:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Form encoding problem in cocoon 2.0.4

Hi!

I'm having a little problem about form encoding.
First of all, let me describe the development environment:
- Tomcat 4.1.24
- Cocoon 2.0.4
- RedHat 9

Now, the problem:
I've got a webpage, which has a form inside. There are several input fields, mostly of type "text". There is also a input field of type "file".
If i click on the "submit" button, i'll go other page (a xsp one), which displays the contents of the parameters (passed through request and sitemap).
While the values of the input which have the type "text" are correct, the field which has the "file" type isn't. The error occurs when i use accents (éèá, etc).
I'm using UTF-8 encoding on all pages.

My tries to solve the problem:
1) changed the web.xml file of cocoon ($TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml), which i included the "form-encoding" parameter to UTF-8
2) on the same file, i've tried to set the "container-encoding" value to UTF-8 (ok, i'm almost desesperating! ;-))

My opinion:
Since the "text" type works correctly and the "file" type doesn't, i suspect that the "form-encoding" is not so right after all... but it's only my opinion, based on my cocoon's ignorance... ;-)

Critical features:
1) i just can't upgrade the cocoon engine because i've got legacy applications running on that... at least, i can't change right now... :-(

F1 wanted! If anyone could help me, i'd appreciate!!

TIA

-vrm