From: "Marc Baumgartner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 21:39
Subject: Bug in JSPReader?

Hello all,

it seems that there is a bug in the JSPReader class?

I have the following sitemap entry:

<map:match pattern="admin/*.jsp">
  <map:read type="jsp" src="test/{1}.jsp" mime-type="text/html" />
</map:match>

With entering the url "localhost:8080/cocoon/admin/hello.jsp" I get a error
message that the ressource "localhost:8080/cocoon/test/admin/hello.jsp" can
not be found.

I am using tomcat 4.1.24 and have tried this with cocoon 2.04, 2.1m1-m3.

I took a look at the sourcecode of the JSPReader and there are the following
lines:

// get current request path
String servletPath = httpRequest.getServletPath();
// remove file part
servletPath = servletPath.substring(0,servletPath.lastIndexOf('/') + 1);
url = servletPath + url;

I call this URL: "localhost:8080/cocoon/admin/hello.jsp"

The variable servletPath contains "/admin/hello.jsp".
Then this path is reduced to "/admin/".
The variable url contains the path to which we are mapping:
"/test/hello.jsp".

But the final url is "/admin/test/hello.jsp"

>From my point of view the variable servletPath has to contain the path the
current subsitemap. In my case "/".

Is this maybe a bug?

regards