Marcus,
Thanks. I guess I was just surprised and didn't find any documentation to explain what was going on. I tried finding the code that created the proxy and put it into the ServiceManager. What interface does the Proxy implement? Could you give me a pointer to some docs or classes to look at? Thanks!

David

Marcus Crafter wrote:
Hi David,

IIRC ECM returns proxies to components, rather than the actual component
instances themselves. This lets it do things like automatically handle
deprecated or missing methods (like the Serviceable/Composable situation).

Is there actually a problem that you're noticing, or were you just surprised
to notice this ? :)

The proxy should wrap the instantiated component and its invocation handler
should orward all calls to the original instance implicitly. Is this
happening?

Cheers,

Marcus