Vincent De Groote wrote:
Hello,

I cannot make the databaseReader work correctly:

In Cocoon-2.1rc1, source file DatabaseReader.java, a
java.lang.ClassCastException is raised in the 'service' function, when the
value returned by the manager.lookup function is assigned to the dbselector
variable.  The value returned is not null.

The database referenced works properly in other parts of the installation,
so I suppose this is not the problem.

Any idea why this error occurs ?

Thank you

You'll probably need to send snippets of your config, sitemap, and stack trace. I think the DatabaseReader is used in one of the samples in the database block to demonstrate file uploads to blobs using the [input]ModularDatabaseActions. It will require the hsql block built as well. Does it work there?

Geoff