First, can you even use Resources in Cocoon 2.0.4?

Does a resource have to follow the same rules of a pipeline (1 Generator, 0
or more Transformers, and 1 Serializer?  I've seen different docs saying
different things.

When making a call to a resource from inside a pipeline, is it an include to
the resource or a forward to the resource?  I've seen different docs saying
different things.

I'm also getting an error when trying to use a resource.
Resource definitions:
        <map:resources>
                <map:resource name="links">
                        <map:transform
src="WEB-INF/stylesheets/uri_filter_local.xsl" />
                </map:resource>
        </map:resources>

Pipeline using resource:
        <map:pipeline>
                <map:match pattern="myContent/list" type="wildcard">
                        <map:generate type="ListGenerator" />
                    <map:transform src="WEB-INF/stylesheets/list.xsl" >
                                <map:parameter name="use-request-parameters"
value="true"/>
                        </map:transform>
                        <map:call resource="links" />
                        <map:serialize type="html" />
                </map:match>
        </map:pipeline>

I've defined my ListGenerator in my Generators section.  I know this works
because I've been using it for weeks before trying to also use resources in
my pipeline.  Everything in the pipeline worked fine before trying to make a
call to a resource.

The Exception I'm getting is the following:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Sitemap: resource 'links' not found:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: resource_links
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.invokeMethod(AbstractSitemap.java:
492)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchN125(sitemap_xmap.java:1410)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:911)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:832)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:227)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:173)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapManager.process(SitemapManager.java:152)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1043)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:827)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:167)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:297)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:110)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
2)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:1012)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:913)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:678)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:331)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:117)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:134)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:239)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cacheabl
eInvocationContext.java:106)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:154)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:315)
        at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
        at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:323)
        at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:252)
        at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:137)

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer my questions.