Steve Schwarz wrote:
Christian

My bad. It looks like the form validation action is the one that doesn't like the enctype="multipart/form-data" together with method="post" but multipart with put is fine as is no enctype with post. In the sitemap.log it reports all fields as null with that encoding/post.
Since I'm using simpleform in both the success and failure cases for the validation action I wrongly thought simpleform wasn't working.

Since 2.1 processing of uploads needs to be enabled in web.xml. The default case is disabled and you've seen the result :-)

Although I think I will try to put a wiki together for the very simple use case; the added complexity of sfinstance in the simpleform sample really had me scratching my head for a while about the simple-form transformer declaration (as a newbie I still haven't gotten my head around the modular mechanism and the classes implementating it).

Right. So it ain't "simple" anymore :-| But agreed, the sample is crap. I will try to come up with a better one.

I also think I'll try to write a transformer that can transform the descriptor.xml file and into all the <error> entries for each of the <parameter> validation attributes (min-len, max-len, nullable, etc). I'd hate to enter that info for each error type manually for all my validating forms. To me this is the real power of Cocoon; define the model(s) and drive the site's views entirely from the data models through actions/transformations.

A very good idead. And by using the cocoon: protocol this can easily be done with XSLT in an internal pipeline!

Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
[EMAIL PROTECTED]