Reuben

Try the following using the xsp:structure and xsp:include elements

<xsp:page ...>
<xsp:structure>
    <xsp:include>full.path.to.package.of.Test</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>

<document>
    <xsp:logic>
        Test t = new Test();
    </xsp:logic>
</document>
</xsp:page>

Andrew

Reuben Christie wrote:
hi all.. i m a newbie to cocoon. i m writing an xsp page..in that page i
have a lines like this.
<xsp:logic>
Test t=new Test();
</xsp:logic>

and i cant get my xsp page compiled it gives erro that

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
standardconfig_xsp:
Line 68, column 3:  class Test not found in class
org.apache.cocoon.www.pmp.documents.xsp.standardconfig_xsp

can somebody throw some light on it? it will be a great help to me. NB: my Test.java and Test.class are both in the same folder with my xsp page. thanks inadvance reuben