From: Bertrand Delacretaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Wouldn't it be nice if...
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:44:41 +0200

Le Samedi, 13 sep 2003, à 00:36 Europe/Zurich, Sonny Sukumar a écrit :

I was just thinking...wouldn't it be nice if one could give a description to each pipeline (or matcher) in thes sitemap and then automatically generate documentation from that telling what each URI does?...

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, do you mean something like

<map:match pattern="someStuff.pdf">
  <map:description>
        Generates the PDF version of the live someStuff data
  </map:description>

And then generate a page with the patterns and corresponding descriptions?

Yup, exactly.

I think this is doable already with something like

<map:match pattern="someStuff.pdf">
  <!-- DESC: Generates the PDF version of the live someStuff data -->

And an XSLT transform that takes sitemap.xmap as input and uses these DESC comments. But it's a bit hackish ;-)

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd far prefer a more elegant and organized (built-in support) approach, like the example you gave above.

Sonny

-Bertrand