--- Andrzej Jan Taramina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Tim:
> > In the mean time, you can define a map:resource that contains your transforms.
> > Then you can call the resource where you wish to have the compound transform
> > performed. It gives you the same effect of modularity, just with a different
> > syntax.
>
> The only issue here is that <map:call> never returns (last I checked...be
> nice if it had a parameter so that you could set return="true")....so it
> limits the flexibility of this approach.  Once you call a map resource, your
> flow of control in the main pipeline is terminated.  Any ideas on how to get
> around that?

The documentation is confused on this issue, but resources *can* return when using
cocoon-2.1, as mentioned here:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105939689524200&w=2
Since the feature is part of the interpreted sitemap, you *might* even be able to do
this
with cocoon-2.0 if you configure Cocoon to use the interpreted sitemap (TreeProcessor)
implementation.  Let me know if you need help with this.

This page documents the change:
  http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html#Calling+resources

Here are some examples you could follow:
  http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CleanerSiteMapsThroughResources

--Tim Larson