        From: Niclas Hedhman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Tue 23/09/2003 6:29 p.m.
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: strange delays in pipeline on Unix machine

        On Tuesday 23 September 2003 14:20, Conal Tuohy wrote:
        > Does anyone have any idea? Can you make a suggestion as to where to look?
        > I'm tearing my hair out here!!!

        Since the delay is so substantial, can you determine if the delay is prior or
        after the servlet request has been passed to Cocoon?

        I suspect that your Unix is doing a user AUTH or a reverse DNS lookup, that
        has to time out before processing proceeds.

        Alternatively, if it is after the request has been passed, are you sure you
        are running HotSpot or other JIT?? If your JVM is interpreting, Cocoon or
        actually the XSL processing will take quite a while to process.

        Niclas