I am working on a proof of concept demo to determine whether using some if the newer Cocoon 2.1 features makes sense in our application. The ultimate goal is to minimize the amount if Java code required to write,

The requirement is fairly simple:
-  Show a form to the user
- Validate the form
- Submit form values to a SOAP service

Now, there are the following constraints;
- We need the solution to be generic enough to be able to create new forms and access new soap services with minimal code changes; ideally it should be a matter of modifying an XML file

The calculator XMLForm example seems close enough except it is missing SOAP calls. I looked at  AbstractControllerAction source code and noticed a comment that this is an experimental class. How experimental is it ? Are there any better ways to fulfill my proof of concept requirements ?

Kind regards,
Oleg