Chris,

From: Christopher Oliver

Local variables are _shared_ between continuations. Changes to the value of the variable in one continuation should be visible to another. If that is not the case, there's a bug.

Try the calculator example as desribed below. But I'm not sure if this is a bug. IIRC this is not the first time we discuss this but I only found one pointer: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105593054122167&w=2 Does anybody find more on this subject?

Reinhard

P.S.: Moving again a discussion to the dev list

Chris

From: Francis Vermeulen

thanks for the reply. But as I understood it, for a single
script there may be multiple continuations at any point in time, all corresponding to different page submissions so that if you use the browser back button, submitting that page can use that particular continuation to restore the intepreter state as it was when that page was being submitted the first time.

sorry, my last answer was too fast: you are right, local

variables are

bound to the continuation. I tried it with the calculator example by changing all variables to local variables. I entered a and b

and then

forked my browser window (using IE with Ctrl+N) and jumped back to enter a different value for b. If I used local variables I got two different results which is the right behaviour. I tested with a CVS snapshot from last week (with the latest rhino lib).

That's even the example given in the documentation? So
I don't understand your point, I'm sorry. Can you clarify further on this?

Sorry again.

Try out the calculator examples the way I did. Do you get the same results as I got?

Cheers,
Reinhard