Oskar,

it isn't. For historic reasons, the CastorTransformer internally uses the
SAXAdaptor class to map between SAX1 and SAX2 events. As such, it is a
requirement to specify the XML parser you are using.

I do not know what web container you are using, but with e.g. Tomcat it would
be sufficient to specify the environment varaiable JAVA_OPTS as follows:

JAVA_OPTS=-Dorg.xml.sax.parser=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Please be aware that in my case, I am using Xerces. If you are using another
parser, please amend the above configuration accordingly.

If you are not using Tomcat (Catalina), please try to include the above
property with the JVM that's responsible for starting the conatiner.

I hope this hepls
Werner