Hi all,
We are working on a project where we would like to generate static versions
of web sites using cocoon. Currently we're using version 204 (though we're
thinking about moving to 2.1.*) on Windows machines.

It's taken a while to get a run.bat working that has all the right jar
files in the classpath. What a mess. Hopefully it's easier in version 2.1.*.

Here's the question.
I'm trying to test this on my standalone machine (a laptop). I want to
be able to test my setup (sitemap, and my XML and XSL and HTML files)
using the localhost:8080 web connection through a browser; but then
I want to test and see what the static web site generation process does with
what I have.
My experience is that in order to do the latter, I have to shut down
Tomcat. Otherwise I get an error
   java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

So switching back and forth between testing-via-browser and testing-via-CLI
is a pain because I have to keep starting and stopping Tomcat.
Am I missing something?

A second, related question is: is it possible to invoke the static web
site generation remotely, via a URL? I suppose I can put something in
the cocoon sitemap to call the Java class org.apache.cocoon.Main
with the appropriate command-line arguments? Has anyone successfully
done that?

Thanks,
Lars