Reinhard Poetz wrote:

My business logic is implemented in EJB so the binding frameworks sounds like the right approach but if possible I would like to start with a more simple way and migrate to binding later...

you can start with XML files to evaluate Woody wheter it fits your
needs.

That's what I did for the moment and it works fine to save form data. But how can prefill the fields when displaying the form with som preexisting values?

Patrick