Mark H wrote:

How would I validate a woody form against a database? For example seeing
whether a username and password was valid?

Mark,

what you describe here is (at least by me) preceived as 'application controller' logic and not as 'validation'

validation is the process of checking general properties of the data entered in the form (has it more then 8 chars, is it according to a known pattern?, is one data-entry bigger then another,... see the samples)

application control however is the kind of code that accesses backends, executes business logic and decides what to do next (e.g. close the account after 3 wrong login attempts)

note that above distinction is more a guide then a limitation in any way, following the guide you will however encounter more people that can easily understand what you are doing and offer advice.

still I need to get you somewhere:
have a look at one of the flowscipts in the woody samples, they offer samples of how to control the forms, read the data that was entered (after validation was succesful) and then do stuff with it

I don't think there is already some woody-sample that does some JDBC stuff, but there must be samples in the flowscript area on how to connect to databases IIRC, a smart combination of the two sets of samples should get you going

HTH,
-marc=

Thanks,
Mark