On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Luke Penca wrote:

The short answer: virtual host -- ww2.hostname.com for BLOBs, etc. It's very easy to find all the LINK, SCRIPT, IMG (and certain A) tags that need rewriting.

OK (like I said, I'm new at this)... a question (for anyone) about this approach: why not run Apache on a different port, since you control all the URLs through which this content will be requested, I would think you could just as easily rewrite them to specify the alternate port as to name the alternate virtual host.

Longer answer (what's with me and long answers today?):
In production we go with the above configuration. On the staging server, I use the JK2 connector in front of Tomcat. I have to say that I am not all that pleased with the performance of this connector on Windows machines.

You've obviously never witnessed the breathtaking spectacle of one of _my_ "long answers" :-) :-)

Cheers,
~ml