Jan Wielgus wrote:
Hello,

I'm using DatabaseDeleteAction to delete rows from a table. But
before the row is deleted I would like to check it for a condition
(in this special case if the primary key of that row is not anymore
referenced in other tables - if it would be, than it can't be
deleted). How can I put this "checking" before the actual
"delete"-action will be executed? I'm using a form for choosing the item to be deleted:

They are not meant to do this. One way could be to use the *QueryAction which allows arbitrary SQL. However, the best solution would be IMHO to make this a foreign key relationship guarded by the DBMS and chose a different pipeline if the action fails to delete the row.

Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
[EMAIL PROTECTED]