On 04.11.2003 06:48, Jon Bedworth wrote:

Hello,

Please can someone help ...

I have been developing an application on my own server using Cocoon 2.1 and Tomcat. Things work fine.

Yet when I transfer this to a server that is also using Tomcat but a newer version of Cocoon (version 2.1.2), I get the following error when I try to access certain pages:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: XML_entities\ISOnum.ent

which seems to relate to a problem with an entity definition file I have in a sub-directory (XML_entities).

Has something happened in the newer release to cause this? This entity file is a standard file, and there is nothing 'malformed' about it that i can see.

As far as I know only the Xerces version has changed related to this problem. Maybe you can try to switch back.

(cc-ing David Crossley, who seems not to be on this list)

Joerg