ugh... more problems since upgrading to 2.1

Some of my source xml uses a namespace (it's mixed). The prefix is "idf" and my namespace declaration is like this:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
xmlns:idf="http://paraliansoftware.com/kompas/idf-1.0";>

I'm using two stylesheets in a row in my pipeline. If my first style sheet has an identity transformation like:

<xsl:template match="*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()|text()">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()|text()"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

then I get an error saying:

Namespace for prefix 'http://paraliansoftware.com/kompas/idf-1.0' has not been declared.

It looks like it's mistaking the namespace for the prefix. Weird. I specified xalan as the transformer type, thinking it was XSLTC or something, but it's not. This used to work fine in 2.0.4. If I don't use an identity transformer everything is fine.

any ideas?

thanks again,
  Justin